What Is the Master Gardener Volunteer Program?
The Master Gardener Program provides intensive training in horticulture to interested gardeners who then volunteer their time assisting with educational programs and activities for Ohio residents through their local Ohio State University Extension county office. You may have even seen our flyer around the community (check it out). Feel free to print it and share it with your friends. And for more information on Master Gardeners, click here.
Master Gardener Training
The next Greene County training class will begin winter of 2022. Applications will be accepted January 2021-August 20, 2021. The classes include but are not limited to: botany, entomology, woody ornamentals, native plants and pollinators. The program encompasses more than 50 hours of class room instruction and 50 hours of volunteer activities.
Become a Master Gardener in 5 Easy Steps:
1. Print and read the Master Gardener Volunteer Position Description and Policy Statement. Complete the OSU Extension MG Volunteer Form, including references, and return to: Kim Hupman, Greene County Extension office, 100 Fairground Rd, Xenia, OH 45385.
1. OSU Extension MG Volunteer Form (Due August 20, 2021)
2. Be accepted into the Master Gardener program by completing the volunteer application. Please note that the class size is limited. Trainees will be selected based upon their application, their availability, willingness to complete their training, and volunteer requirements. You will be notified starting September 20, 2021 to schedule an interview to complete the application process.
3. Mandatory Orientation meeting: A mandatory orientation will be held: TBD. You will be given a appointment time and ask to bring OSU Volunteer Standards of Behavior, OSU Pest Management Policy and Adult Photo Release forms.
4. Complete the formal training provided by The Ohio State University Extension.
5. Complete 50 hours of volunteer time on projects pre-approved by the Master Gardener Coordinator. This volunteer time must be finished within one calendar year after their formal training.
Contact our office at 937-372-9971: Kim Hupman @ ext.128 or email@example.com