Ohio State University Extension Family and Consumer Sciences' home food preservation workshops focus on teaching the basics of canning, freezing, and other methods of food preservation. Classes typically address:
- Basic food safety principles
- Water bath canner and pressure canner methods
- Principles involved in canning tomatoes, pickling and making jams and jellies
- Methods for freezing fruits and vegetables
- Reliable, research-backed resources from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, OSU Extension, and others
Home Food Preservation Programs
Hands on program offer a unqiue learning expirence.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic our in person series of Home Food Preservation programs have been cancelled. We apologize for any incovinece that this may cause.
Tuesday, June 30 - Pressure Canner Workshop - cancelled Tuesday, July 14 - Water Bath Canning Workshop - cancelled Tuesday, August 18 - Jams and Jellies Workshop - cancelled Thursday, September 24 - Freezing and Drying Workshop - cancelled Thursday, October 8 - Once a Month Cooking Workshop - cancelled
All classes start at 5:30 PM. Cost $20.00 per class - Click here for registration form.