Farmers and Agricutural Producers

Producers of agronomic field crops, horticulture crops and more can bring in samples to the Extension office or contact Agriculture and Natural Resouces Educator, Trevor Corboy at or 937-372-9971. 

When sending photos please write a detailed description about plant and the environment in which it was growing and all details regarding management practices (e.g. water, fertilizer, pesticide etc.) The more detail the better.

Home Garden

If you are dealing with a sick plant in your home garden or houseplant contact Kim Hupman at or bring your sample in to the Greene County Extension office. 

When sending photos about home garden or house plant problems please be as specific as possible about; Plant species, environment, watering habits, type of soil, fertilizer and pesticide useage, and all other important information regarding the growing practices of the plant in need.

Greeneline Master Gardener Horticultural Hotline


937.372.9971 ext.128

Greenline is a FREE service provided to the community by trained Master Gardener volunteers of the Ohio State University.  The Master Gardener Volunteers of Greene County are available to help homeowners with consumer-scale horticultural issues such as garden pests or garden diseases.  Volunteers work to research the potential plant problem and offer factsheets and information to improve plant health. However, we do not have a plant pathology lab on site.

The volunteers accept calls, photos, or walk-in samples on:

Monday: 1-3pm

Wednesday: 1-4pm

Friday: 10am-12pm


Plant Diagnostic Laboratories

Ohio State University Extension Greene County is not a diagnostic lab and in certain situation will not have the ability to diagnose your disease issue and will refer you to a fee based Ohio State plant diagnostic laboratory for further diagnosis.

  • C.Wayne Ellett Plant Diagnostic Clinic:  The C. Wayne Ellett Plant Diagnostic Clinic is a diagnostic facility specializing in the identification of plant diseases, plant health issues, and insect-related problems. The Clinic offers a broad spectrum of low cost testing for residential and commercial clients to identify pests and cultural/environmental related plant health issues.  Experienced diagnosticians collaborate with specialists in plant pathology, entomology, and horticulture and crop science.
  • The Ohio State University OARDC Vegetable Pathology Lab: Dr. Sally Miller is an OSU Extension Specialist for vegetable crop diseases. Sally Miller works closely with growers, processors, gardeners, Master Gardeners, and other Extension Educators to develop and impliment practical, sustainable and innovative solutions to vegetable crop production problems. Sally Miller's diagnostic lab is located in Wooster, Ohio at The Ohio State OARDC. Vegetable disease diagnosis is the focus of this lab and their services are FREE to Ohio Growers.


Digital Sample Submission Smart Phone Application

New to Ohio State University’s C. Wayne Ellett Plant and Pest Diagnostic Clinic is an app for iPhone or iPad which will allow Clinic clientele to submit digital samples or images either as stand-alone samples or to supplement a physical sample being sent to the Clinic.