The Ohio State University Agronomic Crops Network is a website that contains all the current information regarding field crop production.The Agronomic Crop Network is a collaborative effort written by OSU researchers, faculty, extension specialist and extension educators. For ease of use, below you will find the topics contained on the Agronomic Crops Network Website seperated by crop for your convenience.
Corn Production Resources
- Corn Diseases:
- Corn Insects and Insecticides:
- Corn Growth and Development:
- Corn Fertility:
- Corn Planting:
- Corn Weeds and Herbicides:
- Corn Harvest:
- Corn Silage:
Corn Production Publications
Corn Disease Management in Ohio: This bulletin describes the disease symptoms, provides color images, gives the environmental factors favoring the disease, the method of transmission and infection, and management options for the major diseases affecting corn in Ohio.
Soybean Production Resources
- Soybean Disease and Fungicides:
- Soybean Weeds and Herbicides:
- Soybean Insects and Insecticides:
- Soybean Fertility:
- Soybean Planting:
- Soybean Harvest:
- Soybean Modified Relay Intercropping:
Soybean Production Publications
- Profitable Soybean Disease Management: This bulletin addresses the essential components of the disease symptoms with color images, the environmental factors favoring the disease, the method of transmission and infection, and management options for the major diseases affecting soybeans in Ohio.
- Profitable Soybean Cultural Practices: This bulletin focuses on management practices for Ohio soybean production
- Using Foliar Fungicides to Manage Soybean Rust: This book explores the economic importance of soybean rust and discusses effective strategies for managing this disease and limiting potential losses.
Wheat Production Resources
- Wheat Diseases and Fungicides
- Wheat Weeds and Herbicides
- Wheat Insects and Insecticides
- Wheat Growth and Development
- Wheat Fertility
- Wheat Planting
- Wheat Harvesting
- Modified Relay Intercropping
Wheat Production Publications
- Improving Wheat Profits in Ohio: This bulletin provides an up-to-date description of products and practices that reduce production costs and increase wheat yields and profits. Each topic follows a "bolt & nut approach'' to crop management and is presented and illustrated in an easily understood format.
Forage Production Publications
Currently no university publications on Forage Production available
|Additional Field Crop Production Publications|
|Ohio Agronomy Guide (Publication)|
|Ohio Agronomy Guide (PDF)|
|Ohio Weed Control Guide 2016 (Publication)|
|Ohio Weed Control Guide 2016 (PDF)|
|Tri-State Fertilizer Recommendations (PDF)|
|Addtional Field Crop Resources|
|Ohio Nutrient Education & Management|
|Farm Enterprise Budgets|
|Soybean and Small Grain Agronomy Program|
|Wheat Head Scab Forecasting System|
All publications can be purchased at the Greene County Extension office without the charge for shipping.