General Project Judging Checklist
Hello 4-Her! You can "make your best, better" during pre-fair judging by following a few simple suggestions:
Between Now & General Project Judging
- Review project requirements and your book (the judges received the requirements and are looking to make sure you completed what is required).
- Plan what you are taking to judging (exhibit/display) – do not wait until the last minute to put it together!
- Practice what you will say during the interview with the judge- be ready to share what you have done this year in 4-H
- Complete your project book in a neat and orderly fashion
The Night Before Judging! What do I need to do to be ready to go?
- Review your exhibit/display
- Gather everything you need for judging day and put it by the door so you won't forget anything
- Review the important facts in your project book
- Review the important facts about 4-H for tiebreaker questions
- Get plenty of sleep!
It's General Project Judging Day! Now what?
- Eat a healthy meal
- Be on time for judging (plan to arrive 15 minutes early)
- Be ready to share what you have learned during this project – you’ll have 5-10 minutes to share with the judge what you have learned
Winning 4-H Plan- a plan for 4-H members with special needs to complete 4-H projects, due by June 1
General Project Judging
General Project Judging consists of a one-on-one interview with a project judge. Members will have 10 minutes to share their 4-H project with a judge, answer a few questions about what they learned and their display, and receive feedback regarding his/her project. Those who participate in General Project judging have an opportunity to receive awards for placing 1st – 5th and be selected to represent Greene County at the Ohio State Fair.
Please use the links below to sign up for judging.
July 11, 2023: REGISTRATION
- STEM projects
- Natural Resources
- Shooting Sports
July 12, 2023: REGISTRATION
- Food and nutrition
- Style Revue Narration Form
- Open Modeling Narration Form
- Assembly Building Watch Schedule
- Baking Contest Sign Up
- Recipes for the Baking Contest
- Cloverbud Cupcake Decorating
- Recipe for the Best of the Baker (recipe can be found at the above link)