Applications are now available to become an OSU Extension Greene County Master Gardener Volunteer. Submit your application by following the steps below by October 31.
MASTER GARDENER TRAINING
Greene County trains Master Gardeners on odd numbered years. The classes include but are not limited to: botany, entomology, woody ornamentals, native plants and pollinators. The program encompasses more than 50 hours of class room instruction and 50 hours of volunteer activities.
BECOME A MASTER GARDENER IN 5 EASY STEPS:
1. Print and read the Master Gardener Volunteer Position Description and Policy Statement. Complete the OSU MG Volunteer Form and return to: Kim Hupman, Greene County Extension office, 100 Fairground Rd, Xenia, OH 45385.
1. OSU MG Volunteer Form (Due October 31, 2018)
2. Be accepted into the Master Gardener program by completing the volunteer application. Please note that the class size is limited. Trainees will be selected based upon their application and their availability and willingness to complete their training and volunteer requirements. You will be notified starting November 11, 2018
3. Mandatory Orientation meeting: A mandatory orientation will be held: TBD. You will be given a appointment time and ask to bring OSU Volunteer Standards of Behavior, OSU Pest Management Policy and Adult Photo Release forms.
4. Complete the formal training provided by Ohio State University Extension.
5. Complete 50 hours of volunteer time on projects pre-approved by the Master Gardener Coordinator. This volunteer time must be finished within one calendar year after their formal training.
Contact our office at 937-372-9971: Kim Hupman @ ext.128 or firstname.lastname@example.org