Applicants will begin their skill stations at 5:00 and finish at 7:00 PM. The Greene County Camp Program Manager and Staff will make the final selection of who will serve as Camp Counselors during the 2019 Greene County 4-H and Cloverbud Camp.
Dress Code: You are interviewing for a job, dress for success.
Camp Counselor Selection Process
- Evaluate teenagers hoping to take a leadership role in the Camp Counselor process by assessing their skills in Group Challenge, Decision Making, Funny Crafts, Conflict Management, and Skills Test.
- Provide an opportunity for Camp Staff to observe the candidates’ interaction with peers and adults.
- Provide an educational training experience for the candidates, which enhance their future employability skills and prepare them for the expectations of future employers.
Procedure: Selection Criteria
- Ability to work as a team along with Campers, Counselors, Staff, Volunteers, and permanent camp site staff.
- Demonstrates or shows potential for leadership skills
- Commitment to participate in counselor training and camp counselor overnighter, and to be at camp 24/7 the week of camp.
- Willingness to lead, announce, present, record, or deliver things in a timely manner that would be associated with Camp Counselor responsibilities
- Ability to conduct yourself in a mature manner when dealing with stress or conflict
- Possess a caring attitude towards campers when needed, not just when asked
- Open minded and can see issues from multiple perspectives
Camp Counselor Skills Stations Explanation:
A. Group Challenge – Teamwork
B. Decision Making Activity
C. Funny Crafts – Teaching
D. Role Play Situations - Conflict Management
E. Skills Test