New 4-H Volunteer Requirements
Adults interested in becoming a volunteer with the Greene County 4-H program must complete several steps. These steps do not need to be done in sequence, but must all be completed before an adult begins working with youth in our county.
If you are interested in becoming a 4-H Volunteer, please call 937-372-9971 if you have further questions.
Please read and complete the following steps in order to be a 4-H Volunteer:
- Welcome letter to potential new volunteers
- Volunteer application
- Read, agree to, and sign the Standards of Behavior
- Interest checklist for Ohio 4-H Volunteers
After we have received references back, schedule an interview with Extension Educator for 4-H Youth Development.
- An Ohio BCI / Background check will need to be completed prior to becoming a volunteer. Click here for information on where to get your BCI checks. Please note this is to be completed after an interview takes place.
- All 4-H volunteers and committee members are required to attend one mandatory training each year. Look at the e-news for dates and topics or call the office.
4-H Volunteer Opportunities
Please review these position descriptions for more information on duties and responsibilities.
Resources for Volunteers
Check this resource guide out. There are a variety of answers about running a 4-H club. Access this website to make sure you are on track. This website will help you "Make the Best Better" for all of Greene County youth!
Planning for the Year
Review the weekly e-news for important dates.
Schedule your meetings to help 4-H members meet these deadlines. For example, 4-H project enrollments are due in March, so plan to hold a club meeting in late February for members to finalize project choices.
Getting it All Done
Include members and parents in coordinating projects and committees. Ask for help! Parents will often help when asked; sometimes they just do not know what to do to help you.
Use an agenda at every meeting. Write the agenda on poster-board or dry-erase board or make a copy for each member. Follow parliamentary procedures at meetings.
Volunteers are truly a gift to be treasured! Thank you for your time, dedication, and commitment to Ohio State University Extension and Greene County 4-H!
You are "Making the Best Better!"